Monday, December 29, 2008

Seattle to Dalat

I was born in Dalat, Vietnam.
I came to America in 93' when I was about 5.
Time went by and I assimilated. Blended in. Became an "American."
I visited about 10 years ago as a kid.
And now I visited again as an older kid.
I am a foreigner to my own birthplace.
A foreigner...
But that's okay.
These photos will be like memories I've never gained.
Memories I might've had if I lived here.

Memories.


The plane ride from Seattle to Vietnam was a total of 17 hours long.
Thank goodness for the sunrise.





"After nearly half a century of war and isolation, Vietnam became one of the poorest countries in the world. Today, however, people live with dignity and hope in this unfortunate country..."

taken from a south-east asian phrasebook.


After landing in Saigon, I hopped on a van and headed to Dalat, my birthplace.
Car-ride was 7 hours long.
Saigon to Dalat:
































No comments:

Post a Comment